Sunday 26 February 2012

Chewy Mini Chocolate Chip Cookies



Ok, so here's my first crack at an actual recipe post. I have some pictures of recipes I had tried in the past so I figured I could post these ones first to hold you over until I can actually start baking and figuring this whole blogging thing out.



This recipe is for chocolate chip cookies. Classic, but I think we can all agree, delicious. I was a little concerned when I saw that the recipe said it yields 108 cookies...I was thinking that my cupboards would be stacked with cookies for weeks! But the cookies are supposed to be small, one might even call them "bite-sized" (aka it's okay to take a handful at once...right?).

When I make cookies, or any dessert for that matter, I prefer a chewy cookie over a really crispy one, and these cookies did not disappoint. They were delicious! And for all you weightwatchers out there, you'll be pleased to know that these cookies are only 2 pts each! I KNOW, RIGHT?!

Anyway, I hope you enjoy this first post. I hope you enjoy this good old fashioned classic chocolate chip cookie recipe!

Chewy Mini Chocolate Chip Cookies
Bake Time: 8-10 mins       Yields: About 100 cookies

Ingredients:
1.5 cups unsalted butter, cold
1.5 cups light brown sugar
1 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs, cold
1 Tbsp vanilla extract
3.75 cups all purpose flour
1.25 tsp table salt
1 tsp baking soda
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips

Directions:


1) Heat oven to 375 F

2) In a mixing bowl, beat together butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar until the mixture becomes light and fluffy (about 3 mins). Scrape bowl and beaters

3) Add eggs and vanilla at a low speed until blended and then at a high speed until light and fluffy (About 1 min).

4) In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, salt, and baking soda. Add this slowly to the butter mixture, stirring with a wooden spoon until ingredients are just blended (the dough should be stiff).

5) Add the chocolate chips and stir until combined

6) Drop teaspoon sized balls of dough about 2 inches apart onto two ungreased baking sheets (refrigerate unused dough). Bake about 8-10 minutes, rotating baking sheets halfway through to ensure even results.

7) Remove sheets from oven and let sit for 3-5 minutes, then move cookies to a wire rack to cool. The baking sheets should be cooled completely (or almost completely) before baking more cookies.


(Recipe adapted from Absolutely Chocolate)

1 comment:

  1. Yea...but smaller only means you end up eating more!! Beware! :)

    ReplyDelete