Wednesday 21 March 2012

Decadent Chocolate Fudge Brownies


I have said it before, and I will say it again: I am a chocoholic.

Whenever I am having dessert, if there is a chocolate option, that is my immediate pick. I scan the dessert menus for the chocolate dessert, nothing else can compare (except maybe the chocolate/peanut butter combo).

Pretty much anything chocolate is A-ok with me. I feel as though brownies are quintessential to the chocoholic's menu. Fudgey brownies, cakey brownies, iced or not, any type of brownie is pure gold for me. I love making brownies because they are super easy, and they always seem to turn out more delicious then the last batch.

This recipe produces some super fudgey, rich, chocolately brownies, and the chocolate chips add a nice extra punch of chocolate. If you love chocolate as much as me, you'll be going crazy for this recipe.


Decadent Chocolate Fudge Brownies
Bake Time: 25mins     Yields: 20 Brownies    (WW: 5pts per brownie)

Ingredients:
3 oz bittersweet chocolate, chopped
1/2 cup butter, cubed
1 cup granulated sugar
2 eggs
1 egg yolk
1 tsp vanilla
2/3 cup whole wheat flour (white flour is fine too, I just only had whole wheat in my cupboards)
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips

Directions:
1) Preheat oven to 350 F. Line an 8-inch metal baking pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
2) In a heat proof bowl over a saucepan of hot water, melt chocolate and butter together, stirring constantly. Set aside to cool.
3) While chocolate is cooling, mix together sugar, egg, egg yolk, and vanilla. Add chocolate mixture to the egg mixture and stir until combined.
4) In a separate bowl combine flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. Slowly add flour mixture to the chocolate mixture, stirring constantly. Mix until completely blended. Add chocolate chips and stir until blended throughout.
5) Pour batter into prepared baking pan and smooth the surface.
6) Bake for 25mins, or until toothpick inserted into the middle of the pan comes out with a few moist crumbs. Remove from oven and cool completely on a wire rack. When cool, cut the brownies.


(Recipe adapted from Canadian Living)

No comments:

Post a Comment