Monday 5 March 2012

Garlic Parmesan Fettucini


Alright, the start of a fresh new week and I have a lot of recipes prepared for you all. I hope everyone was able to have a relaxing weekend, I know I sure did! 

I was able to test out a lot of new recipes this weekend and I'm really excited about them. This one is so easy to make, and it is a relatively quick dish to create. Also it has pasta...and it's got garlic...so you know, it was obviously a hit with me. This is another great dish for the picky eaters out there. My brother is a fairly notorious picky eater and he gobbled his down in a flash so that must say something about it, right? I made it as a super basic dish but you could easily kick it up a notch by adding chicken or bacon (or both!) into the mixture. 
I just wanted to add a quick note. I'm super happy with how the blog is going so far. In it's first week on the internet, The Baking Bluenoser was able to get over 530 site views, which is way more than I ever would have imagined. Thank you to all who have been so supportive, I wouldn't be doing this without you! 

Now, enough with the sappy, and on with the recipes!!



Garlic Parmesan Fettucini
Prep Time: 15-20mins           Yields 4-5 servings

Ingredients:
1 lb fettucini pasta
4 Tbsp salted butter
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 clove garlic, minced
salt & pepper, to taste
1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
1/2 cup reserved cooking liquid from pasta

Directions:
1) Sprinkle a large pot of boiling water with salt. Add the pasta and cook until al dente. Drain the liquid, reserving about a 1/2 cup of liquid.
2) Keep the pasta in the original pot, and add butter, cream, garlic, salt, pepper, and cheese. Stir the mixture until the cheese is melted.
3) Pour enough reserved cooking liquid into the pasta until you get the desired consistency of your sauce (Sauce will be very thick without any liquid, I used about a 1/4 cup).
4) Serve the pasta and top it with more grated cheese.


(Recipe adapted from Lauren's Latest)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ellen, I made this today and it is delicious!
    I made 1/2 the recipe and that is plenty.This is not the way to keep my weight down.LOL

    ReplyDelete