Friday 2 March 2012

Pomegranate Fizzy Refreshers


Some days are WAY more productive for me than others. Today was a productive day. I got lots of new recipes made, I got some cleaning/housework done, and I spent a long time trying to advance my blogging knowledge (which was less successful than I had hoped). Most of what I'm trying to do is regarding blog promotion. I have been shamelessly promoting my blog as much as I can, and I am hoping that just by getting the name out there, more people will become interested. If you feel so inclined to help me with the shameless promotion, then please DO!! I can't say enough about how great the support has been so far. Thank you!!


So as I said earlier, I got a lot of recipes made today. You'll be seeing them in the upcoming posts so just be patient! I thought I'd start with this refreshing drink! I have never had pomegranate juice before, I have never eaten a pomegranate, I had no idea what pomegranates tasted like, but the picture with this recipe just looked so darn good that I needed to try it. Thank god it was delicious, because I made a huge jug of this drink! It is also carbonated so it adds a little needed zing. I made this as a virgin cocktail, but I think it would be a great addition to a martini or cooler in the summer! Just add a little of your favorite hard liquor and you're good to go, or if you prefer to keep it clean just drink it as the recipe calls for! I doubled the original recipe in order to make enough for everyone.

This is definitely a refreshing and fruity delight, and it makes me so excited to think about the summer!

Pomegranate Fizzy Refreshers
Prep Time: 2-4mins       Yields 8-10 servings     WW points: 2pts/serving

Ingredients:
4 cups pomegranate juice, chilled
1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
6 Tbsp granulated sugar
4 cups club soda, chilled
Ice cubes
Lemon slices to garnish (if desired)

Directions:
1) Combine pomegranate juice, lemon juice, and sugar and stir until sugar is completely dissolved.
2) Add the club soda, and pour the drink into your glass over ice cubes. Garnish with a slice of lemon.


(Recipe adapted from WeightWatchers Magazine March 25, 2011)

1 comment:

  1. Ellen:

    I made the Pomegranate Fizzy Refreshers on Easter Sunday and they were a bit hit with the adults and the kids (looked nice too). Thanks for sharing and best of luck on your exams.

    Andrea Power

    ReplyDelete