Monday 19 March 2012

Roasted Red Pepper and Sun-Dried Tomato Dip


This weekend was BEAUTIFUL in Halifax. So sunny and fairly warm for mid-March. But wouldn't you know it? I had to work...all weekend. Just my luck.

I didn't get to enjoy the gorgeous spring-like days at all. I'm just praying that it stays this warm, because I am SO DONE with Winter.

Besides the weather, working all weekend meant I also didn't get to log many hours in the kitchen. I knew Monday was fast approaching, and I had no recipes saved that I could pull out for a time like this.




So, come Sunday night, I whipped up a new dip. The things I do for you folks!

I was a little hesitant at first because although this dip LOOKED amazing in the recipe, I'm not a huge fan of peppers...any color, any kind, I just don't like them.

My dislike for peppers is not without reason though! When I was little, one of my babysitters FORCED me to try a green pepper, even though I was protesting, and like..8 years old. The point of the story is, I ended up choking on this green pepper because it was so disgusting my 8-year-old self couldn't bear to swallow the thing.

Ever since then, I've pretty much avoided peppers like the plague.



Now that I'm officially a "grown-up" I'm trying to branch out and act more like one. I'm attempting to slowly integrate peppers into my diet, and the first step in that journey is to puree the hell out of them so you can barely even tell it's there!

This dip is packed with flavor and is actually so amazingly delicious. It is really creamy and is great served with tortilla chips or warm flatbreads.

Hope you all enjoy this recipe and have a Happy Monday!


Roasted Red Pepper and Sun-Dried Tomato Dip
Prep time: 10mins      Yields: Just over 2 cups of dip       (WW: 1pt per 2 Tbsps)

Ingredients:
1 cup bottled roasted red bell peppers
1 cup chopped oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained
8oz fat-free cream cheese
1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
2 Tbsps light mayonnaise
1 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
2 garlic cloves, halved
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
1/4 tsp salt

1) Place all ingredients into a blender or food processor (This recipe is far too large for a magic bullet, take it from me!)
2) Blend until recipe reaches the desired consistency. Refrigerate (covered) until ready to serve.


(Recipe adapted from WeightWatchers Magazine March 25, 2011)

1 comment:

  1. Ellen, This Dip is amazing so rich and lots of flavor. It has become one of my all time favorites ... a real keeper.PB

    ReplyDelete