Friday 23 March 2012

White Wine Sangria


Happy Friday everyone! I am sorry for the lack of blogging yesterday. This week has been a bit crazy for me and I just could not swing it yesterday. BUT, I'm hoping this little number will make up for it and will help you welcome in the weekend!
For those of you not in Halifax, or over areas of NS, we have been having FREAKISHLY HOT weather. It's March......Halifax usually sees snow in March. It has been like August these past few days and I for one could not be happier. I have been trying to soak up as much sun and heat as possible while it lasts, but I am afraid it will be gone far too soon!

Honestly..I am in shock. I spent most of Thursday down by the water and walking on the boardwalk in shorts and a t-shirt, and I was way too warm!

So I thought, what better way to beat the heat then with a nice cool glass of Sangria? Delicious, fruit, thirst-quenching, and a perfect way to end the week! This recipe is super simple and incredibly yummy, but it doesn't make a lot so you may want to double the recipe.

Hope everybody has a fantastic weekend, and pray for this crazy heat wave to never leave us!


White Wine Sangria
Prep Time: 10mins   Chill Time: 2-8hrs    Yields 4-5 servings
Ingredients:
2 large oranges, one sliced and one juiced
1 lemon, sliced
1/4 cup granulated sugar
2 Tbsps Grand Marnier
1 (750ml) Bottle of white wine (preferably Pinot Grigio or Chardonnay)
Ice cubes

Directions:
1) Slice one orange and the lemon and put them in the pitcher with the granulated sugar (be sure to remove the seeds from the fruit as best you can). Gently mash fruit with a wooden spoon so that some juices are released and the sugar begins to dissolve.
2) Add Grand Marnier and White Wine and juice from the second orange to the pitcher and stir. Refrigerate for 2-8hrs.
3) Serve with ice and garnish as desired.


(Recipe adapted from Browneyedbaker)

No comments:

Post a Comment