Monday 30 April 2012

Double Chocolate Minis


Aaaaand I'm back! Sorry for not posting on monday, I don't usually like to have monday as a non-posting day but I have been busy! I just moved into my new apartment, and my boyfriend just got home  from school on monday morning, which meant double the moving-in process! 

Hopefully my disappearances will be few and far between as the summer progresses, but I am also attempting to get my bearings in this new kitchen. It is a very different atmosphere than my kitchen at home, and I'm still trying to get by with fewer ingredients on-hand, and a different array of utensils and kitchen equipment.

It's a learning curve, I'm sure...but practice makes perfect!!


Anyway, the recipe today is similar to a homemade two-bite brownie. They were rich and chocolate-y but since they are small, it didn't feel like their richness was too much or overpowering. Just the right amount of chocolate goodness!

These brownie bites are moist and just about melt in your mouth. Plus, they're easy to whip up quickly and the recipe makes quite a few. This is great for all you chocolate-lovers out there!


Last Month: Easy Rocky Road Bars

Double Chocolate Minis
Bake Time: 15mins       Yields 30-40 minis
Ingredients:
3/4 cup flour
1/2 cup cocoa
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup butter, melted
2 eggs
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

Directions:
1) Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease and flour the mini-muffin cups tin, set aside.
2) Combine flour, cocoa, and salt in a medium bowl, set aside. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the sugar, melted butter, and eggs until completely combined. Add the flour mixture and stir until completely combined. Add chocolate chips
3) Fill the mini-muffin cups about 3/4 full. Bake for about 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre of a brownie comes out mostly clean.
4) Cool in pan on a wire rack. Remove from pan and set on wire rack until completely cooled.


(Recipe adapted from Festive Baking)

1 comment:

  1. These look so rich and delicious!! Love that they are so small, it means I can have more :)

    ReplyDelete