Wednesday 11 April 2012

Grilled Guac 'n Cheese Sandwich


In keeping with the guacamole theme from yesterday, I decided to share this post today.

After making all that delicious guacamole, I had to figure out what I was going to do with all! As much as I may love it, sadly most of my family members do not share that love. I didn't want it to go to waste, and I had seen this idea before, so I decided now was the perfect time to try it out.


I was a bit hesitant about having guacamole mixed with a grilled cheese sandwich, but this was such a delicious combo! And so FILLING! I honestly could have eaten this for dinner and been completely satisfied for the rest of the night. In fact, I ate this as a mid-afternoon lunch, and I could barely eat anything at dinner because I was still so full. Not to mention, the guacamole is so healthy since it is pretty much just vegetables.

This would be a fantastic meal for anyone who loves guacamole as much as I do. I definitely recommend it!


Last Month: Chocolate Pots de Creme

Grilled Guac 'n Cheese Sandwich
Yields: 1 sandwich        
Ingredients:
Your favorite Guacamole Recipe (Or The Baking Bluenoser's Guacamole found here)
2 slices of thick-cut white bread
3-4 slices cheddar cheese
butter, for buttering the bread

Directions:
1) Heat your skillet or pan to a medium heat.
2) Spread your guacamole on each slice of bread, as much as you desire. Place your cheese slices in the middle form your sandwich.
3) Butter the outer sides of your bread and cook your sandwich, 2-3 minutes per side.


(Recipe adapted from Two Peas and their Pod)

No comments:

Post a Comment