Tuesday 10 April 2012

Guacamole


I had this recipe for guacamole sitting in my bank of saved recipes, that I had been wanting to try for a while and I finally decided that today was the day to tackle it. Sadly, I had pretty much NONE of the ingredients for it, which meant I had to take a quick stop at the grocery store. I have also never shopped for avocados before so I really had no idea what constitutes a GOOD avocado.

The guacamole turned out pretty tasty so I think I must have done an alright job choosing them.


This recipe also gave me another excuse to use my magic bullet, thought there were a few times throughout the process that I was afraid the magic bullet might not fit the whole recipe. It makes a LOT!!


This is a great dip to bring to a party or bring out when you have guests over. It is also pretty healthy, since all the main ingredients are vegetables. Like I said, it makes a fair amount so it will feed the crowds.

This would be great with tortilla chips, flat bread, or even on a sandwich (a little foreshadowing for tomorrow's recipe ;) )

Hope you enjoy this appetizer and have a great Tuesday!


Last Month: Chocolate Thumbprint Cookies

Guacamole
Prep Time: 15mins      Yields 4-6 servings       (WW: 3pts per serving)
Ingredients:
2 ripe avocados
1 Tbsp lime juice
1/4 cup diced onion
1 large clove of garlic, minced
1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced
1/4 tsp chili powder
3/4 tsp coarse sea salt
Freshly ground pepper, to taste
1/4 cup tomatoes, seeded and diced

Directions:
1) Cut avocados in half, remove pits and scoop out the ripe flesh into a food processor. Add lime juice, onion, garlic, jalapeno pepper, chili powder, salt, and pepper. Blend until desired consistency is achieved.
2) Scoop mixture into a serving bowl. Add diced tomatoes and gently fold into the guacamole. Serve fresh or, if not serving immediately, cover with plastic wrap so that it touches the entire surface of the guacamole and refrigerate.


(Recipe adapted from Browneyedbaker)

1 comment:

  1. This is one of the easiest Guacamole recipes I ever read. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete