Friday 20 April 2012

Long Island Iced Tea


Sometimes, at the end of a long week, all you want is a nice, cool, refreshing drink. So I give you this beauty, one of my favorite drinks to order when I'm out, and one that I have never on my own until now.

Seeing as how I finished exams, and my undergraduate degree this week, I thought it was only fair to reward myself at the end of the week. I didn't really get to celebrate much on Tuesday since I had to work that night, and things have been surprisingly busy these last few days, so I thought that I might be able to slow down a bit today and enjoy this drink!

It takes quite a few different things to make it, but it is well worth the trouble. Super delicious, incredibly thirst-quenching, and a downright fun drink to make. 

I hope everyone is able to have a relaxing weekend. For those of you with lots of work or exams still on the horizon, I hope you can find a little time for rest and relaxation! And for everyone else, have a celebration! It's the WEEKEND!!


Long Island Iced Tea
Yields: 1 drink
Ingredients:
Ice cubes
1/2 fl oz white rum
1/2 fl oz gin
1/2 fl oz vodka
1/2 fl oz tequila
1/2 fl oz Cointreau
1 Tbsp lime juice
Cola (to taste)
Lime, Lemon, or Orange zest, to garnish

Directions:
1) Fill a tall glass half full with ice.
2) Pour rum, gin, vodka, tequila and cointreau over ice. Add lime juice. Pour cola over top, using as much or as little as you want, and using a stir stick to mix completely.
3) Garnish with your citrus zest and serve.


(Recipe adapted from 500 Cocktails)

1 comment:

  1. Delicious and refreshing way to end the week. I could use one of these now. Taking a break from housecleaning! Awesome picture.

    ReplyDelete