Wednesday 18 April 2012

Peanut Butter Snickers Cookies


It is time to celebrate!!! Exams are finally over, and with that comes the end of my Undergraduate Degree! I am so happy to be done and I cannot believe how quickly four years have gone by.

In order to celebrate, I decided to (you guessed it!) bake something!! I was trying to decide what I wanted to make and I stopped immediately when I came across this one.


I am house-sitting for family, so once again I am allowed free reign with the peanut butter. Obviously I am going to make the most of the time and space that I have! This is a peanut butter cookie, packed with chopped snickers bars and milk chocolate chips. Does it make YOUR mouth water, cause it sure does mine!


When I saw this recipe, I immediately thought of how much my boyfriend would love these. Snickers are his absolute favorite chocolate bar. If there was no food left on earth except Snickers bars....I'm pretty sure he'd be okay with that.

Unfortunately, he isn't finished exams quite as early as I am, and he isn't home from school until the end of the month. When I told him what I was making, he made me promise to save some for when he got home. So, instead of bingeing on the whole batch of cookies myself, I put most of them in the freezer for when he gets home.

Aren't I such a good girlfriend?! ;)


 These cookies are soft, chewy, and packed full of chocolate-y/peanutty goodness. If you love the peanut butter-chocolate combination as much as I do, these cookies won't last long in your house (which may or may not be a good thing).

To those of you still writing your exams, Good Luck! And to those of you who have already finished, Congratulations! The summer is starting soon and I cannot wait to see what it has in store this year!


Last Month: Irish Car Bomb Cupcakes

Peanut Butter Snickers Cookies
Prep Time: ~20mins       Yields 24 cookies        (WW: 7pts per cookie)
Ingredients:
1 1/4 cup flour
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 cup creamy peanut butter
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
1 egg
1 Tbsp milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
4 regular-sized Snickers bars, chopped
3/4 cup milk chocolate chips

Directions:
1) Preheat oven to 350 F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper, set aside.
2) In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
3) In a separate large bowl, cream together butter and peanut butter until light and fluffy. Add in the granulated and brown sugars and stir until completely combined. Add the egg, milk, and vanilla and stir.
4) Stir in the flour mixture until completely combined. Fold in the chopped Snickers bars and chocolate chips.
5) Scoop heaping tablespoons onto the prepared baking sheet, a couple inches apart (the cookies will spread out quite a bit). Gently flatten each cookie with a flat surface or the palm of your hand. Bake cookies for 10-11 minutes, or until the edges are lightly brown.
6) Remove from oven and let stand on the baking sheet for 5-10 minutes. Place cookies on wire rack and cool completely.


(Recipe adapted from Browneyedbaker)

1 comment:

  1. Oh you created a monster PB cookies with Snickers I will be dreaming about these all day long until I get home and make them!

    ReplyDelete