Wednesday 16 May 2012

Cheese-Stuffed, Bacon-Wrapped Hamburgers


I don't even know where to start with this post.  I'm sure some of you are wondering what EVER possessed me to make this. I'm not entirely sure of the reason myself...the only explanation I can think of is that I live with a boy?

This actually started out as a joke. I found this ridiculously crazy recipe and immediately thought of the boyfriend, so I sent it off to him to see what he thought. He LOVED it and suggested we make it this summer. I figured we'd probably forget about it by then so I didn't think much more of it.


Make an indent in the middle of the ground meat and place your cheese in the center.


Well....summer rolled around and one of the first recipes he suggests is the bacon-wrapped burgers. I guess part of the reason I went along with it is because I wanted to see if they'd actually turn out like the pictures in the recipe..


We bought all the necessary ingredients, and one night we decided to finally attempt these crazy burgers. It was quite the ordeal! It's not so much that they're difficult to make, it's just the amount of shame you feel while creating them. I had to push my WeightWatchers guilt aside and carry on (guess who WASN'T tracking points this night?)

Using more ground meat, form a burger patty around the cheese.

They did take a bit of time to cook on the grill. You need to make sure the ground beef is cooked all the way through, even if the bacon on the outside looks finished.

Once they were finished, I had that final moment of panic where I knew I was about to eat probably one of the most unhealthy things in my life. I felt like the guy on Man vs. Food, and I was pretty sure the food was about to win.

Wrap your bacon strips around the burger patty, placing some strips vertically, horizontally, and diagonally to cover it completely.

Finally, I took the plunge, and took my first bite. It tasted delicious, as all terribly unhealthy things do, but it was just so HUGE! The boyfriend's brother was over that night too so we cooked one up for him. He loved it, as did the BF so maybe it's more of a Man-wich...

If you're ever feeling daring, or looking to take a risk, then try these burgers out!

Cook it up on the grill and serve!



Last Month: Brownie Cupcakes

Cheese-Stuffed, Bacon-Wrapped Hamburgers
Prep Time: 15mins        Cook Time: 15mins or until fully cooked
Ingredients:
Ground Beef (season the ground beef however you would for a normal burger)
Cheddar Cheese
Bacon (5-6 slices per burger)

Directions:
1) Take some ground beef and form it into a flat, shallow cup.
2) Shred some cheddar cheese, or cut it into small slices and place it in the bottom of the ground beef cup. Using additional ground beef, create a burger patty around the cheese.
3) Using your bacon strips, wrap two strips horizontally, two strips vertically, and 1-2 strips diagonally around your burger patty, so that the patty is fully covered in bacon (see picture above)
4) Cook your bacon-wrapped patties on the grill or barbeque for about 15 minutes, or until the burger is  cooked all the way through. Serve immediately.


(Recipe adapted from 9GAG)

1 comment:

  1. Get rid of the bun and it will be very healthy!

    ReplyDelete