Tuesday 15 May 2012

Chicken Scaloppini


I'd like to apologize right off the bat for the quality of these pictures. I took them in a mad scramble to capture a few photos before my camera battery died. The little angry red battery symbol was flashing at me the entire time I was snapping away as a constant reminder that my camera could shut off at any minute.

Which it promptly did as soon as I got these two pictures taken..


I feel like I've been a bad WeightWatcher these past few weeks. Lots of sweets and fatty foods, so one night I decided I needed to look back through my WW cookbooks and pick out something healthy and delicious for dinner.

I had been eyeing this chicken recipe for quite some time. The picture for the recipe is actually on the front cover of the book so it's hard to miss it, and it always looks so delicious. We had most of the ingredients in the cupboards/freezer so it seemed like a perfect match.

It was actually a lot easier to make than I expected and was a pretty fast meal to whip up. It goes great with a side of veggies, making for a light and tasty meal.


Last Month: Grilled Guac 'n Cheese Sandwich

Chicken Scaloppini
Prep Time: 10mins    Cook Time: 15mins    Yields 4 servings    (WW: 6pts per serving)
Ingredients:
4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1 large egg white
2 tsps water
1/2 cup Italian-seasoned breadcrumbs
2 tsps olive oil, divided
1/2 cup fat-free, low-sodium chicken broth
1 Tbsp lemon juice

Directions:
1) Place each chicken breast half between two sheets of heavy duty saran wrap. Pound them to a 1/2-inch thickness using a meat mallet or heavy skillet.
2) Combine egg white and water in a small bowl, stirring with a fork or whisk. Place breadcrumbs on a shallow plate. Dip each chicken breast half in the egg whites and coat completely, then dredge the soaked chicken breast in the breadcrumbs. Be sure to coat the entire breast.
3) Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add half of the chicken to the pan. Cook each side until golden, about 3-5 minutes. Transfer to a plate, and repeat with the remaining oil and chicken.
4) Add broth and lemon juice to the pan. Cook uncovered over high heat for about 2-4 minutes, until it has been reduced to a 1/3 cup of sauce. Drizzle over chicken serve immediately.


(Recipe adapted from WeightWatchers Magazine March 25, 2011

2 comments:

  1. Ellen, everything that you post on here always looks so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Martine Goris-Snook22 May 2012 at 07:42

    mmm I think this is on the menu for tonight!

    ReplyDelete