Monday 14 May 2012

Chocolate Crinkle Cookies


Hello again, and welcome to a new week! I hope all you Moms had a great Mother's day and that you were pampered and spoiled by your families. It was such a beautiful day on Sunday which was fantastic for relaxing. My mom and I got the dogs out to the park and there were lots of other families there enjoying the gorgeous weather.

These cookies remind me more of the winter season than summer or spring, but they were still fun to make so I thought I could share them today.



 Last week, I was having trouble deciding what I wanted to make, so I told the boyfriend that he could pick any recipe and I would make it. He chose these cookies, so the next morning, I decided to make them. Now, I always read the recipe before I make something, but I guess for some reason when I read the recipe the night before, it didn't really register completely with me. This became evident when, in the middle of making the dough, I see that the dough needs to chill for six hours...

So the cookie-making got put on hold until later that night. The cookies, in general, are not difficult to make but let me tell you that they were definitely delicious. As soon as I got the first batch out of the oven, I turned my back for two seconds and when I looked again, there were already a handful of cookies missing!

There are only two people living in this apartment, and I know I didn't eat those cookies. I'll give you one guess who did..

This recipe makes a lot and maybe they'll last longer for you than they did for us!


Last Month: Guacamole

Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
Chill Time: 6Hrs    Bake Time: 14mins      Yields 5 dozen cookies
Ingredients:
2 cups granulated sugar
3/4 cup vegetable oil
3/4 cup cocoa
4 eggs
2 1/3 cups flour
2 tsps baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
Icing sugar (for coating)

Directions:
1) In a large bowl, combine sugar and oil. Blend in cocoa, then beat in eggs and vanilla.
2) Combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Gradually add dry ingredients to chocolate mixture and beat until completely combined.
3) Cover and chill for at least 6 hours.
4) Heat oven to 350 F. Spray your cookie sheet with cooking spray.
5) Shape dough into 1-inch balls, roll each ball in icing sugar, coating completely. Place cookies on the cookie sheet and bake for 14 minutes.
6) Transfer cookies to a wire rack and cool completely.


(Recipe adapted from Hershey's Fabulous Desserts)

No comments:

Post a Comment