Tuesday 8 May 2012

GUEST POST: Grilled Salmon with Peanut Sauce

 **Hey everyone! Today, I wanted to share this recipe with you because it was DELICIOUS but sadly I didn't make it. This was a creation by my boyfriend so I figured I could let him try his hand at blogging! I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I did, and don't be too hard on him ;)**

Hello people of the internet! I am that guy behind the scenes - giving support to the Baking Bluenoser and feasting on her delicious goodies. I'm no stranger to the cooking world, but this is my first time blogging! I decided to cook this tasty salmon dish the other day because I knew it would satisfy all the peanut butter lovers in the apartment.


This dish is easily made, and I decided to serve it with a side of fried rice. The salmon is best cooked on the barbecue (skin off or on), but if you don't have access to the barbecue, you can find a nice roasting pan and stick it in the oven at 350 until cooked all the way through. Our barbecue is small which means it gets hot quickly and cooks the fish perfectly from all sides. If you have an especially thick piece of salmon, be sure to cook it slowly.


The peanut sauce is the highlight of this dish. It was so good we ate it on the salmon AND the rice. Making this sauce is as simple as throwing the ingredients into a saucepan and keeping it over medium-low heat while you cook the rest of your food. It turns out wonderfully! I think it would be a great idea to try this sauce in other dishes!

In case you were wondering, the rice is easily made! Just heat a little bit of oil and onions in a frying pan, and then add your cooked rice and a couple tablespoons of soy sauce. This is a great variation on rice than my mom used to make, especially if you have leftover rice that you need to freshen up. You can add veggies or eggs and make classic chinese fried rice, but I prefer it this way!


Mmmmm! She takes yummy pictures doesn't she????

Last Month: Homemade Cheese-Its

Grilled Salmon with Peanut Sauce
Cook Time: 25mins          Yields 4 servings of sauce
Ingredients:
4 8oz salmon fillets
1 Tbsp olive oil
2 Tbsps smooth peanut butter
2 Tbsps soy sauce
1-2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup water
1 Tbsp brown sugar
Juice from 1/2 a lemon
1/3 cup green onion, chopped (optional, for garnish)

Directions:


1) Preheat grill to 350 F.
2) Brush grill and salmon skin with oil. Place fillets skin side down on the grill and cover. Grill until fish is cooked through, about 12-15mins.
3) Meanwhile, combine peanut butter, soy sauce, garlic, water, brown sugar and lemon juice in a saucepan. Stir constantly over medium heat until peanut butter has melted and sauce thickens.
4) Pour sauce over the cooked fillets. Garnish with chopped onion if desired.


(Recipe adapted from Comda: Recipes 2012)

No comments:

Post a Comment