Friday 11 May 2012

Pasta with Pesto Cream Sauce


My blogging has been a little sporadic this week. Posting at different times of the day than normal, and posting more on some days than others. My apologies!

It's not that I don't have recipes to share, it's just been difficult to find times to post them. The past week has been pretty busy for me, and it doesn't look like things will be slowing down any time soon. I just need to find a rhythm or groove to get into so I can keep the posts coming on a more regular basis.


I'll get the hang of this thing eventually!


By now, I think everyone is well aware of my love for pasta. It is pretty evident, just by taking a look through the recipes I've made so far. This recipe is actually another contribution by the boyfriend, but it was just too good not to share it!

I looooooove pesto, and this calls for a homemade pesto recipe. The only issue I have with pesto, is the absurd price pine nuts, which is an ingredient. Why are these little nuts so expensive?? WHY??

Well, I managed to get over the issue of the pine-nut-price, and made this pesto/pasta recipe. And I couldn't have been happier! This was delicious, and creamy, and garlicky (my desires are a little transparent, I know...). Hope you enjoy it as much as I did!


Last Month: Ginger Snaps

Pasta with Pesto Cream Sauce
Cook Time: 15mins         Yields 6-8 servings
Ingredients:
3/4 cup fresh basil leaves
1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
3 Tbsps pine nuts
2 cloves garlic, peeled
Salt and pepper, to taste
1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/2 cup heavy cream
2 Tbsps butter
1/4 cup parmesan cheese (additional, for garnish)
12 ounces pasta (whatever your preference, we chose Penne)
2 whole tomatoes, diced

Directions:
1) Cook pasta until al dente.
2) While pasta cooks, add basil leaves, 1/2 cup cheese, pine nuts, garlic, salt, and pepper to a food processor and combine. Add olive oil and continue to blend until completely combined.
3) Heat cream and butter in a heavy saucepan over medium heat. Add pesto and stir.
4) When ready, drain pasta and place in a serving bowl. Pour pesto cream sauce over pasta and toss, adding additional cheese. Add diced tomatoes and toss quickly, serve immediately.


(Recipe adapted from Tasty Kitchen)

No comments:

Post a Comment