Wednesday 9 May 2012

Peanut Butter Crunch S'mores Bars


Now, I realize I have kind of been KILLING the peanut butter recipes this month. I'm like a kid in a candy shop, except the all the candy is peanut butter and I just couldn't control my new peanut butter freedom. I went a little peanut butter crazy for a few days but I'm back on track now.

I have this one last peanut butter recipe for you today and then I'll continue mixing up the recipes a little bit more.


This is what your graham cracker base should look like. If you can make the edges look neater than mine do then kudos to you!

Also, I thought living with the boyfriend would be bad for baking because we'd always end up having too many sweets around....but let me tell you that is NOT the case! He must have the fastest metabolism ever because the boy can eat just about whatever he wants with no repercussions.

Which means I can still make a ton of sweets and not have to worry about them going bad, or me eating them all myself! It's win-win!



These bars are pretty easy to make and are super tasty! It's like a rice krispy square combined with a s'more and has peanut butter cups in between it! What's not to love about that?


Last Month: Easy Easter Cupcakes

Peanut Butter Crunch S'mores Bars
Prep Time: 15mins          Yields 25 bars
Ingredients:
Graham crackers (enough to cover the bottom of your pan)
1 1/2 cups mini marshmallows
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1/3 cup light corn syrup
1 1/2 Tbsps butter
1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
1 1/2 cups rice krispies
1 cup mini peanut butter cups, chopped

Directions;
1) Preheat oven to 375 F. Grease an 8x8 baking pan with non-stick cooking spray and line it with parchment paper. Leave the ends hanging over the sides so you can lift the bars out later.
2) Arrange the graham crackers in a single layer along the bottom of the pan (see picture above).
3) Sprinkle the marshmallows evenly over top of the graham crackers. Bake for about 7 minutes, until the marshmallows are fluffy and lightly brown.
4) In a microwave-safe bowl, melt together the chocolate chips, corn syrup, and butter. Once the chocolate mixture is smooth, add the peanut butter and mix until completely combined. Fold in the rice krispies.
5) Sprinkle the mini peanut butter cups evenly over top of the marshmallows, and pour the chocolate mixture over top, pressing it evenly into the pan.
6) Cover and refrigerate the bars for at least an hour. Lift the bars out of the pan with the side of the parchment paper and cut into squares. You can keep these refrigerated, or at room temperature, depending on your preference.


(Recipe adapted from Tracey's Culinary Adventures)

No comments:

Post a Comment