Wednesday 23 May 2012

Smothered Green Chile Pepper Chicken


Hello again internet world! It has been quite a while since I last posted, I know this. A lot has been happening for me these last couple days, though sadly none of it has been baking or cooking...

This weekend, the whole family headed over to our cottage for the long weekend. It was the first weekend over there to open everything up and it was a GORGEOUS weekend. Our cottage is on Prince Edward Island, and it was sunny and hot the whole weekend, although Monday when we left was also extremely windy. 



It was relaxing to be over there but it also meant that I didn't use the weekend to make recipes..

Also, even before we left, I received some fantastic news! I got accepted to both the graduate schools that I had applied to for next year. It was great news to get right before the long weekend, and I couldn't have been happier. I had applied to both Dalhousie and Queen's Universities for their Masters of Occupational Therapy programs.

After I mulled it over on the weekend, I decided to choose Queen's University! It wasn't really THAT tough of a decision...it means I'll get to be with the boyfriend next year! Also, I have never really lived away from home or my family, so I thought it would be a good experience for me to go away for a few years. I'm a little nervous for it, but I think it will be a really great time!

Just because I won't be living in Nova Scotia, doesn't mean I won't be a Bluenoser, though ;)


Now, enough about my life! On to the recipe! I knew I needed to make something, and I wanted it to be healthier since we didn't exactly focus on healthy eating at the cottage. I told the boyfriend to pick out a recipe and I would make it, so he chose this!

This is another easy WeightWatchers recipe that you just put together, and stick in the oven. Nothing easier than that, right?


Last Month: Peanut Butter Snickers Cookies

Smothered Green Chile Pepper Chicken
Cook time: 35mins     Yields 4 servings       (WW: 7pts per two chicken thighs)

Ingredients:
8 skinless, boneless chicken thighs
Juice from half a lime
3 Tbsps low-sodium taco seasoning
2 cans of chopped green chiles
1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded

Directions:
1) Preheat oven to 400 F
2) Place the chicken thighs in a baking dish. Squeeze lime juice evenly over chicken thighs, then sprinkle the taco seasoning evenly over the thighs.
3) Spoon a couple tablespoons of green chile peppers on top of each thigh. Cover the pan in foil, and bake for 30 minutes.
4) Sprinkle cheese evenly over the chicken thighs and bake, uncovered, for 5-10 minutes, or until the cheese melts.


(Recipe adapted from WeightWatchers Magazine March 25, 2011)

1 comment:

  1. I love the combination with the green chilis. I use them all the time.

    ReplyDelete